7 Tips to making a good first impression.
Making Great First Impressions
The best way to attract customers is to get people to know like and trust you. The first step is to make a great first impression whether in person on your first meeting or through the other methods that you look to attract customers.
In this post, we will touch on some key ingredients for that first in-person meeting:
- Direct eye contact shows confidence. If your eyes are moving around the room, it may look like you have something to hide.
- Give a friendly warm smile shows you are welcoming them and it is the "universal language of kindness" William Arthur. You never know how that smile can make someone's day and a customer for life.
- Open with a sincere, friendly greeting. It can ease the person you are approaching and makes them feel welcome and enhance the chance of that stranger to open up.
- Pay attention to them and ask questions about them (not you or your company or products/services).
- Give them your undivided attention. Don't focus on your phone or anyone else in the room.
- Personal appearance will impact that first impression. Dress appropriately for the event (one notch nicer is better than one notch more casual). Don't fidget with things in your pocket or elsewhere and stand with your posture straight, confident, and relaxed.
- Your attitude counts and you can control this no matter what your situation is. Be positive, helpful, enthusiastic, and confident. Remember every business is in place to solve their customers' problems. Show them you care enough to listen to theirs.